Insurance For Musicians

Customers call Promenade Music virtually everyday wanting to know where Musicians can get insurance for their musical instruments and equipment. After doing lots of research we now have the answer.

Promenade Music are pleased to introduce our customers to Musicguard and Orchestralguard music insurance. Please note that the information below is to the best of our knowledge. Please confirm the below info with the insurance company before you take out insurance. For a quote call 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524.

Over 10,000 musicians currently trust and insure their equipment with Musicguard & Orchestralguard and they have over £80,000,000 worth of equipment on cover.

Established in 1997, Musicguard & Orchestralguard are both well known and trusted in the music industry and is one of the UK's leading insurance providers for musicians and their instruments & equipment. Musicguard & Orchestralguard insurance is unique in that musicians can create their own cover, adding in the options they need.

A key to their success has been to allow customers to 'create their own cover'. You can take the options you need and save money by not paying for options you don't require. Musicguard & Orchestralguard insurance offers different levels of cover to suit the widest variety of musicians. Their flexible cover allows you to choose the options that match your needs - for example, if you don't need 'in-vehicle' cover, why pay for it? If you only take up to 50% of your equipment value away from your home or studio, Musicguard & Orchestralguard charge you less. This ensures that ALL of your equipment is insured but you only pay extra for what you use at gigs. This is great for all musicians who only take some of their instruments and equipment out.

Muiscguard Insurance For Home, Gigging and Studio Musicians

Musicguard insurance is one of the UK's leading insurance providers for home, studio and gigging musicians for their musical instruments and equipment and gear. Musicguard offers insurance for all musicians (both amateur and professional), band musicians, recording and sound engineers, solo artistes, entertainers, recording studios and rehearsal rooms, and DJs and mobile discos.
If you're looking for a specialist music and gigging musicians insurance company to offer musician insurance and insure musical instruments, equipment and gear (including disco & DJ insurance)
Musicguard for musician insurance and musical instrument insurance on 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524.

Orchestralguard Insurance For Orchestral and Classical Musicians
Orchestralguard insurance is one of the UK's leading insurance providers for orchestral and classical musicians and their musical instruments. Orchestralguard insurance is suitable for all amateur and professional classical and orchestral musicians who want to play their instruments at home or out in groups, bands, orchestras and ensembles.
If you're looking for a specialist classical and orchestral insurance company to insure musical instruments, contact Orchestralguard for musician insurance and musical instrument insurance on 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524.

What Does Musicguard & Orchestralguard Offer Musicians?

- Guarantees the best price, there's no need to hunt the web for quotes.
- Lets you customise your cover so you can customise your policy so it matches your needs.
- Offers a money back guarantee with 28 days to change your mind.
- Covers more than £80,000,000 of gear for over 10,000 musicians.
- Offers quotes and cover by Telephone (call 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524)
- Have staff who are musicians who know what musicians want
- Handles claims quickly (over 80% of claims processed in 2004 were settled within 28 days)

Musicguard & Orchestralguard - Cover Summary
- Cover against theft, loss and accidental damage up to £250,000
- Replacement on a new for old basis (vintage and rare items are covered by valuation)
- Hire cover until items are replaced or repaired (subject to an approved claim)
- No excess as standard (a voluntary excess will reduce your premium)
- Personal liability up to £5m - essential for gigging musicians
- Personal accident cover
- Choice of area covered: from UK only, UK and EU with 30 days worldwide, or full worldwide
- Musicguard & Orchestralguard also offers optional breakdown cover - in case equipment stops working and optional in-vehicle cover to protect whilst on the road.
- Musicguard & Orchestralguard include £1 million of public liability cover as standard but there is the option to upgrade to £2 or £5 million.
To get a quote or apply for cover by phone, call Musicguard & Orchestralguard on telephone 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524

The kind of instruments that Musicguard insure
To get a quote or apply for cover by phone, call Musicguard & Orchestralguard on telephone 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Keyboard instuments inc Keyboards, Digital Pianos, Acoustic Pianos, Organs.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Guitars inc Electric Guitars, Bass Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Classical Guitars.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Amps inc Guitar Heads, Cabinets and Combos, Bass Heads, Cabinets and Combos, Keyboard Amps and Acoustic Amps
- Musicguard offers insurance for PA equipment inc Power Amps, Powered & Un-Powered Mixing Desks, Speakers, Subs, Portable PA, Powered Speakers, Digital Mixing Console, Stage Monitors, Mixer Amps, Microphones and Effects.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Hi-Tech & Recording Gear inc. Audio Cards, Sound & Tone Modules, Synthesizers, Midi Controllers, Drum Machines, Samplers, Digital Recorders, Studio Monitors and Recording Desks, Midi File Players.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Hi-Fi & Audio Visual products inc Amplifiers, Cassette Decks, DAT Players, Tuners, CD Recorders, CD Players, Mini Disc Recorders, Speakers, CD & Cassette, Projectors, LCD & Plasma, Portable Recorders.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Drum Kits inc, Snare Drums, Electric Drums, Hand Percussion Pads and Cymbals.
Musicguard offers insurance for DJ& Karaoke inc Turntables, Single CD Players, Dual / Twin CD Players, DJ Mixers, MP3 Players, Key changers, Karaoke Players, Kaoss & Groove products.
- Musicguard offers insurance for Folk & World instruments inc Banjos, Mandolin, Bagpipes, Melodeon, Accordion, Concertina, Indian Instruments.
To get a quote or apply for cover by phone, call Musicguard on telephone 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524.

The kind of instruments that Orchestralguard insure
- Orchestralguard offers insurance for Woodwind instruments inc Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Piccolo, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Bassoon, Recorder.
- Orchestralguard offers insurance for Brass instruments inc Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Cornet, Flugel Horn, Tenor Horn, Baritone Horn, Euphonium, Tuba, Sousaphone Horn,
- Orchestralguard offers insurance for String instruments inc Violin, Violas, Cello, Double Bass, Electric & Silent strings.
- Orchestralguard offers insurance for Tuned Percussion inc Metallophones, Vibraphones, Glockenspiels, Marimbas, Xylophones.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Asked To Musicguard & Orchestralguard About Their Policies
What are your contact details?
Musicguard & Orchestralguard, Pavilion Insurance Management Ltd, Pavilion House, Mercia Business Village, Coventry, CV4 8HX
Tel: 02476 851000 and quote reference 105524
The office is open from 9:00am until 7:00pm Monday to Friday.
Do you only cover UK residents?
Yes. You must be a resident of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Northern Ireland.
Do you operate a no claims bonus scheme?
Yes, this is how our no claims bonus system works: 5% discount after 2 years without a claim, 10% discount after 3 years without a claim, 12.5% discount after 5 years without a claim.
What information do you need to start cover?
We need your name, contact details, date of birth, payment details and the make and model of each item you would like to cover. Whilst we don't require the serial number to complete an application, you will need to provide this for items over £750 in the event of a claim.
I am part of a group/band - how do I arrange cover?
You can arrange cover for your band or group's equipment, just apply as normal but include all of your band's equipment in the equipment list. You become the organiser for the band - you will be the policyholder but it will cover the whole bands equipment - you can also add in the bands name as the trading name, just so there is some reference to it on your policy details.
You can also extend cover to include personal liability and personal accident benefits for up to 30 named band or group members (for an additional premium per person).
Do you insure studios?
Yes, we insure both recording and rehearsal studios. You can insure instruments and equipment and also benefit from essential liability cover. Please note, we only cover the instruments and equipment you have - we do not provide business insurance or premises cover.
Do you insure music teachers?
Yes, we will insure your instruments and provide you with essential liability cover.
I am part of an orchestral group - will you cover me?
If you only have orchestral type instruments to insure, we can provide you with more suitable cover through Orchestralguard. If you have a mixture, you can insure it all with Musicguard.
What is the minimum/maximum age?
The minimum age we can insure is 16. However, we can provide cover for children under this age group on our policy providing the policy is arranged in a parent or guardian's name.
The personal liability and personal accident cover is only applicable for customers aged between 16-85. Total permanent disablement is not applicable over the age of 65.
What is the maximum value you insure?
You can insure a total value up to £250,000 through this website as long as no one item is over £10,000 in value. If you have an item over that value, we may be able to cover you, please call on 02476 851000 for an individual quote.
What value should I insure my equipment for?
For items that can be readily replaced with a new one (or with a similar model), the value should be the usual, undiscounted cost including VAT from a reputable dealer at the time you apply. End of season offers and bargains from Ebay do NOT count as the usual price.
For vintage and rare instruments & equipment you should obtain a specific valuation. The valuation should be from a reputable source and not more than 12 months before your commencement date. It is advisable to obtain a new valuation at least every three years, to take into account any market changes in value during the period.
It is better to over insure rather than under insure.
What is personal liability cover?
Personal liability is known by a couple of different names - public liability or third party liability. It provides cover against damage to persons or property caused by your proven negligence. Musicguard includes £1 million cover as standard but you can upgrade to £2 or £5 million.
Is there an excess on this policy?
That depends on the type of claim:
. For theft, loss and accidental damage claims there is no excess but there is a minimum claim amount of £100
. Our optional breakdown cover has an excess of £50 per item
. Personal liability claims are subject to a £500 excess for third party property damage only.
If you want to reduce your premium, you can pay a voluntary excess and save around 12.5%
Are cases covered?
Cases will only be covered where you have specified that an item has a case and have included the value of the case with the item value. If the case value exceeds £100 you should add this as a separate item.
Are there any items you cannot cover?
The maximum cover for any one item is £10,000. We may be able to cover higher value items subject to individual quote - please call on 02476 851000. You can only insure music related items - you cannot insure items such as trailers, security devices, mobile phones, tow bars etc.
We cover most items with the exception of:
. consumables such as strings, leads, cables, reeds, drum skins, bulbs and fuses
. accidental damage to cymbals, valves and speaker cones
. wiring failure
Computer disks, software and soundcards are only covered if:
. They are used exclusively for the production of music
. Have been bought from new
. Cannot be reinstated from a back-up disk
. That any code (a record of which must be kept by you) or protection device is no longer available or will operate
The information above is a guide only - full details are available.
Do I need any specific security on my vehicle or where I keep my equipment?
Yes - the requirements are quite specific in terms of types of locks and security devices. For more details, see our security requirements guide or the policy wording.
Am I covered if I lend, loan or hire my equipment to another person?
. If you lend your equipment to a responsible adult, then yes, you're covered (providing the person you are lending the equipment to, doesn't steal it!)
. If you hire your equipment and accompany it whilst it's on hire, you are also covered.
. You are not covered if you hire your equipment and do not accompany it.
. Obviously your personal liability and personal accident cover is for you alone - this cover is not transferable.
Am I covered to take my equipment abroad?
This depends on the options you choose with Musicguard. The standard cover applies to a single location only, usually your home or studio. If you need to be covered in other locations, you can choose cover:
. Anywhere in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
. Anywhere in the UK, EU with 30 days worldwide in any policy year
. Anywhere in the world at any time in any policy year.
Can I add or make changes to my policy at any time?
Yes, you can change or renew your policy by calling us - very soon you will be able to make changes to your policy online.
You can add or delete insured items and change most aspects of your policy. Note that additions will incur additional costs. Additional premiums are charged on a pro rata basis from the date of change. No refunds are payable for cancellation, in part or in whole, for any reason outside of 28 days from the commencement date other than for amendments allowed.
Do you cover computers, laptops or software?
Computers and laptops are only covered if:
. They are used exclusively for the production of music
Disks, software and soundcards are only covered if:
. They have been bought from new
. They cannot be reinstated from a back-up disk
. That any code (a record of which must be kept by you) or protection device is no longer available or will operate
The information above is a guide only - full details are available.
Do you cover CD or record collections?
Yes, CD or record collections are covered for total loss (if they are all stolen or ruined as one collection). You must supply a full catalogue of items, listing the artist and title, within 28 days of taking out your policy for the cover to include these items.

About Musicguard & Orchestralguard
Musicguard & Orchestralguard started as an offshoot of Patrick Eggle Guitars in 1997. The customers who had bought these high class guitars struggled to find suitable insurance cover and as a result, Musicguard was born. When Patrick Eggle Guitars was sold, Musicguard & Orchestralguard became part of Pavilion Insurance Management Ltd. Over the years Musicguard & Orchestralguard have grown to become the best friend of musicians everywhere as the flexibility and range of cover, leads the way amongst musical equipment insurance. Musicguard & Orchestralguard is a trading name and division of Pavilion Insurance Management Ltd, It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pavilion Insurance Network plc, a company listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Their FSA register number is 300529. You can check this on the FSA's register by visiting their website or by contacting the FSA.
There are no products to list in this category.
Shop by Brand
The Store
  • All
  • sagepay
    Shopping Cart
    0 items